7 Household Hints That Take 5 Seconds Or Less For A Cleaner, Neater Home
The purpose of household hints is to make our lives just a little easier without much effort.
Well, can you get any less effortless than five seconds of your time?
Follow these helpful hints to get a cleaner, neater home without much effort at all.
1. Turn on the ventilation fan in your bathroom every time before beginning your bath or shower.
This keeps excess moisture out of the air, which keeps mold and mildew from growing in your bathroom.
2. Use liquid soap instead of bar soap in the tub.
Liquid soaps do not contain the fat which causes soap scum, while bar soap does.
3. Turn on the exhaust fan over your stove when you are cooking.
This helps eliminate grease that can build up on your cabinets, especially around your stove. This also helps keep cooking odors to a minimum.
4. Wipe up spills right away.
It just takes five seconds to wipe up the spill but you will save yourself lots of time by not having to deal with the spill once it is dried on.
5. Grab a clean dishtowel each time you need to clean up a spill.
Invest in a bunch of cheap but durable dishtowels so you always have clean ones on hand.
Using a new one each time prevents you from accidentally spreading germs around your kitchen through cross-contamination from a previous spill or drip.
6. Place welcome mats at each door, and encourage people to wipe their shoes on them before entering your home.
This prevents mud and dirt from being brought into your home in the first place and makes it easier to clean floors and carpets.
7. Close drawers, cabinets, etc. to keep dirt and dust out.
Have you ever noticed that the closed drawer does not get as dusty or dirty as the one that is opened more frequently?
Make a habit of closing drawers and cabinet doors to keep dirt from creeping in.
There are even more household hints throughout Household Management 101. Have a look around the site for even more!
You can even share your own helpful hints for your household here.
You can also read hints provided by other readers here.
Share Your Comments, Thoughts & Ideas
Related Links At Household Management 101
Let's Stay Connected!
Visit My Other Websites
Copyright © 2008 - 2022 - Flanery Companies, LLC - All Rights Reserved