Homemade Drain Cleaners - Recipes And Instructions
Homemade drain cleaners can be economical and just as effective as more expensive and toxic commercial drain cleaners.
There are several recipes, which are listed below.
Photo courtesy of Collin Anderson
To Clean And Deodorize Drains
Sometimes your drains, especially those in the kitchen, can get smelly.
To get rid of a funny smell, or to prevent it from forming you can use one of the following homemade drain cleaning recipes:
Drain Cleaning Recipe Using Washing Soda
1. Pour 1 gallon of hot water down the drain.
2. Pour a mixture of 1/2 cup washing soda and 1 gallon of warm water down the drain, slowly.
3. Finally, rinse by pouring an additional 1 gallon of hot water down the drain.
Drain Cleaning Recipe Using Chlorine Bleach
1. Create the mixture in the proportions listed above.
2. Pour this mixture down the drain very slowly.
3. Rinse by pouring at least 1 gallon of hot water down the drain.
To Unclog Drains
Unclog Drains With Ammonia
1. Mix a solution of 2 teaspoons of ammonia with 1 gallon of boiling water.
2. Pour this solution down the drain very slowly.
3. Let the mixture drain and sit for approximately five minutes.
4. Use a plunger to loosen the clog.
5. Rinse by pouring an additional gallon of boiling water down the drain.
Unclog Drains With Vinegar and Baking Soda
Check out full instructions, including a how to video, for using baking soda and vinegar to unclog a slow drain.
Share Your Comments, Thoughts & Ideas
Related Pages You May EnjoyHomemade Cleaners - Recipes And Instructions
5 Rules To Follow When Making Your Own Cleaning Products
What You Need To Create Your Own Homemade Cleaning Products
House Cleaning Tips
Go From Homemade Drain Cleaners To Home Page
Let's Stay Connected!
Visit My Other Websites
Copyright © 2011-2017 - Flanery Companies, LLC - All rights reserved